- to further the advancement of all breeds of pure-bred dogs;
- to encourage the scientific breeding and improvement of the quality of all pure-bred dogs;
- to support and contribute financially to scientific endeavors whose objects are destined for the care, cure and general welfare of all breeds;
- to conduct sanctioned matches, dog shows and obedience trials under the rules of the American Kennel Club;
- to encourage sportsmanlike competition at dog shows and obedience trials; and
- to conduct seminars and educational programs for all members and dog fanciers.
The Club’s premiere annual event is an outdoor All-Breed Dog Show and Obedience Trial held in May at the spacious and beautiful Mercer County Park Festival Grounds in West Windsor Township, New Jersey.
The 2016 show had a total entry of over 2200 dogs that represented 173 different breeds and varieties, with 112 Obedience and 82 Rally entries. This show is the largest annual all-breed show on the east coast.
In addition to exhibitors, each year’s show draws thousands of local spectators, who enjoy not only the excitement of pure-bred dog competition, but also an incredible array of vendors offering great food and plentiful shopping for almost every kind of dog-related item you can imagine.